author -Trish Konzak.
Read this interesting article on the Edutopia site or google Trish Konzak.
She is passionate about the importance of play and her worry that testing and teaching for testing will take over.
Other books she recommends - ( I haven't previewed them )
- 'The Power of Play.' David Elkind.
- 'Play: How it Shapes the Brain, opens the imagination and Invigorates the Soul.' Dr Stuart Brown.
- 'A Child's Work - The Importance of Fantasy Play.' Vivian Gussin Paley.
- 'A Place for Play.' Elizabeth Goodenough.
- 'Play, Development and Early Education.' James E Johnson, James F Christi, and Francis Wardle.
- 'Play: The Pathway from Theory to Practice.' Sandra Heidemann,and Deborah Hewitt.
Let us know how you feel about these authors.